Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Coverage From an Arts Perspective



I went to Starbucks for my free coffee did. Never made it to the front of the line. I left and went to Rao's. The line at one o'clock in the afternoon at Starbucks for free coffee was too long. I needed my first coffee of the day (second if you count the coffee I had when I woke up).

Rao's was a great idea. I got a lot done, and got to hear peoples opinions on this election day first hand.

The girl sitting next to me had a homemade shirt on supporting Obama. Some old people were talking about income tax near the line, it was short, and discussing how much they hate liberals and conservatives. I don't know who they like, but they liked one another enough to agree with whatever the other person said. Then there was the people outside singing about how much they love marijuana. I think I know which way they are voting on question 2.


Then I started reading "Writer's on Writing" and ignored everyone.


But I just walked by Starbucks again, and the line is out the door and down the ramp into Amherst Center. Good thing I went to Bueno and have a coffee maker down here at the Collegian.


Ben And Jerry's

Free ice cream from 5 to 8. I can only imagine what that line will look like. it was a gorgeous day out, no jacket required. A perfect night for a waffle cone, or any cone that they give you, for free. But what will the line look like around 7? We will find out when Tim, the beer dude, reports back on the situation (he is on his way there for his cream that has been iced).

No comments: