Monday, March 31, 2008

Ty Burr not only is a great movie Reviewer but also knows pop-culture...


This weekend I went out to write a little at Brueggers Bagels in downtown Amherst only to be ambushed by little children running a muck in the bagel shop that poses as a coffee shop too. So i left, like any sensible human being would. I headed out to buy milk in downtown Amherst. Where can someone buy milk? CVS or Cousins and CVS just seems like a nice placer. While I was there i picked up my favorite little reading of the week: The Boston Sunday Globe.

I love the Globe on Sundays. I can read about people that spend hundreds of dollars searching for their lost pet (using a helicopter at times). And attempt to read one of Dan Shaugnessy's terrible sports articles. (If only Jackie McMullen would write everyday and give me my fill of sports and great writing.)

And then the Ideas section int he Globe always has one great column by someone who doesn't usually write a column but should have one. this week was Ty Burr, the Globe's movie critic who Critics should be judged by. But the column was not about movies at all. It was about his little teenage girls. So what you say? Well it was about the role up-and-coming actresses and starletss have on our society and how their are no good role models.

So what you say? Well he explains very simply how they are anti-role models and children are understanding that. So read it up. Soak it up. And relax.

1 comment:

SKM said...

Ty Burr is the best. He makes dead-on appraisals and has impeccable taste. Even though I think he's kind of a sucker for the occasional pretentious arthouse flick, he's still, easily, the best critic out there. I'm so glad he writes for Boston!